7.7.14

WORDS | Forgetfulness


Forgetfulness is a form of freedom, a quote by Kahlil Gibran. 
I have to say that I completely agree with him. I am one of the worst people I know in forgetting things, which can be a blessing or not. Often it isn't. It really isn't nice when you still know the reason of a fight when it's already a few years ago. Imagine that you're in the now and you're having an argument about something and your brain makes connections so that you remember the things from all these years ago. Automatically all the feelings that were there in the past, come above again -sometimes in other proportions, sometimes still as mad/angry/sad/disappointed/.. 
I really wish I could forget things more easily, my mind wouldn't be such a chaos and I would be more relaxed. 
Am I the only one dealing with this problem? If you know something that could help me with this, please let me know. It doesn't matter if you're also dealing with this or not, if you think you might know something, please leave a comment or send me an e-mail.
P.S. : This quote is meant for people like me, who don't suffer from an illness like Alzheimer, dementia, Parkinson, etc. My grandma has all three of them so I know how worse it is. Lots of strength and courage to everyone who has to deal with an illness like this and also to their beloved ones. 

3 comments: